Thursday, August 23, 2007

Manly at home - Game of the Year?

Well Canberra loss was a real bugger. Warriors stand on the precipice and could either storm into the playoffs or snatch another year in playoff wilderness from the jaws of top eight qualification. I think its clear that if the Warriors don't win at least one of their final two games their top eight hopes are slim to nil.

Manly at home up first and a massive game is in the offing with a sell-out crowd for the first time in what seems like eons. Its definitely winnable but I would be careful of taking this team lightly even with the controversial "resting" of five starters.

I am going to the Lake District for the long bank holiday weekend and if I can manage it will try and catch the Warriors game at 3am Sunday if the hotel has Setanta - otherwise I am reliant on my peeps to keep me up to date with the score.
Was a terrible sports weekend last week with Man U losing to Sven's rejuvenated Man City side and the Warriors losing a heartbreaker in Canberra. I watched England lose to Germany last night as well so I need some positive results to improve my mood.

By the way - Corey Haim and Corey Feldman are cool.

Those of you who attend the Manly game this week - what about dropping your thoughts on the blog when you get home afterwards. Here's a discussion topic to get you started - Whats your favourite seating area in Mt Smart to watch the game?

No comments: