Sunday, March 11, 2007

Price extends contract with Warriors




I know that I have previously expressed doubts about such an extension, however when fit Price is the model player at his position and he will be great to nurture and encourage the young props in the Warriors squad as they grow to eventually replace him in the 2009 season.


My only concern is that Price will not stay healthy - considering his age I think we can expect him to miss of the order of 10 or more games this season with injury - particularly if he were to play Origin again. No numbers have been mentioned in the context of the extension so with this in mind I can only hope that the Warriors have not over-paid to keep Price at the club.


Overall I am pretty happy with this extension as Price has been a consistent performer at the highest level and a stabilising influence at the Warriors during what can only be described as a rebuilding phase. I would be very happy for him to slide on into a management or coaching position at the club when he finishes up as a player in 2009.


Halves selection debate is really heating up out there as well - will it be Rovelli/Witt or Rovelli/Ropati - and where to slot in Hiho? Will be an interesting week for Cleary.

No comments: